SEARCHING FOR LOST CHORDS

Monday, April 7, 2014

FORNICATE BELLUM* # 5

   For the second week in a row I "go to" CCR for our anti-war tune.

   The first time I became "aware" of this song was not by actually hearing the song, but by reading an issue of Marvel's "Sgt. Fury & the Howling Commandos."  It must have been around 1969 and I was in Jr. High School.  The songs' title was the title of the issue that I was reading in my bedroom in Wausau, WI. and even then, even reading a "war" comic that ostensibly glorified war I became slightly attuned to the hideous evil of indiscriminate carpet bombing and faceless destruction of real people...

   There is no such thing as collateral damage.  Aggressive foreign wars need to cease.  The people today, as the students did in the 60s, need to mobilize and say to the evil war-pigs who rule at Mordor-on-the-Potamac... enough...You are through!

   We must try and stop the "rain."



No comments:

Post a Comment