SEARCHING FOR LOST CHORDS

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

This Thing has turned into a Runaway Ramble :)


   While it’s fairly clear that I love pretty much all genres of music (except rap and hip-hop for the most part) I usually listen to only one kind of music at a time (intently and almost exclusively). I am currently about three weeks into my Doom Metal/Rock, Stoner, Sludge, Psychedelic, Space-Music “jag.” It got started as I was listening to two of my favorite “old-time” bands Hawkwind and Black Sabbath…and has just mushroomed (pardon the pun ;) ). More on this topic in a future post.

   But one of the genres that almost got re-kickstarted was my love for traditional Country & Western music (by “traditional” I mean Cash, Waylon, Geo. Jones, Willie, Marty Stuart, Dwight Yoakum, Dale Watson, et al)  I had both read a rave review of Roseanne Cash’s new album, as well as had heard from SPACE EMPEROR RELIOPS that said digital-entity was truly worthy.  I would have bought the CD at Hastings had I the cash when I saw it (on sale no less).

   So, as it stands, C&W has not yet de-throned Doom/Sludge/Stoner rock at Agent
Eugor’s hidden lair, but I do want to share the best web-site for traditional Country music in the universe…as well as a YouTube clip of one of my favorite Roseanne songs ever. It’s from her 1987 hit album KING’S RECORD SHOP.  I loved it so much back then that I bought it on vinyl.  I have recently re-bought it on CD…it’s that good of an album.  The song is by the one-and-only (and much lamented: R.I.P. John Stewart.)   Stewart is in my top echelon of singer-songwriters. There’s something in the melody and lyrics that almost brings a tear to my eyes…like much (most) of John Stewart’s gems! I hope you like the song that Ms Cash truly does “justice” to.

The site which I can’t recommend enough is Saving Country Music by the Trigger Man (aka Trigger). It’s simply the “must-go-to” site for all things genuine, real, quality, and solid.  Surf on to it at: http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/  



No comments:

Post a Comment