SEARCHING FOR LOST CHORDS

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

LOVECRAFT TUESDAY # 5

   Though I really like this song--it's powerful and very atmospheric, I fully understand the most people I "hang with" (and I'm assuming you too) don't really care that much for 80's "Thrash Metal."
And, of the "BIG FOUR" of that halcyon era (Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer) I think Megadeth has proven to be the most consistently solid  Nonetheless this track by METALLICA,  "The Call of Ktulu" (though I wish they'd have spelled it properly per HPL) is perfect for our Tuesday theme.

   I own only two Metallica discs: "Kill Them All" on a burned CD, and their "Black Album."  But simply on the strength of this great instrumental number (see below) I plan on purchasing "Ride the Lightning" some day.

   RAWK ON Abdul Alhazred!  The lost and hidden city of R'lyeh is stirring with ominous, gibbous, ichor!


No comments:

Post a Comment