SEARCHING FOR LOST CHORDS

Monday, March 3, 2014

ON THE MAKING OF LISTS - - -

I have always made lists. I made lists as a kid (grade school) of my favorite comic books and comic book heroes. As I grew older the lists multiplied to favorite: monsters, magazines, TV shows, movies, girls...etc. etc.  (I also have been into naming things [cars, houses, swords] ever since reading THE LORD OF THE RINGS).

I have lists of favorite punk bands, prog bands, classical composers, country & western artists, et al.

Since you don't know who is on these lists, I plan to remedy the situation.
I have a running FAVORITE ROCK/POP ALL-TIME LIST that hovers around 75 in number. I plan to post a song by each of the bands on my list starting from the bottom all the way to numero uno.
I don't necessarily expect you to listen to each song (but you should ;)  ) but just have this pathological desire to share what I enjoy so much (yeah...like Carnivale' and Doctor Who)

Until the list gets down to the top twenty (20) or so, it's somewhat fluid and not really etched in stone (or in vinyl).  A band that is listed at number 40 is not always better or more enjoyable in my estimation than a band at # 58 for example.

I just love lists.
Monday through Friday I will play (if Youtube cooperates) one of that weeks five listed bands.

So, starting at number (#) 75 through 71....here are
EUGOR's FAVORITE MUSCIAL BANDS!

75)  GOLDEN VOID
74)  KISS
73)  STEELY DAN
72)  RASPBERRIES
71)  AMERICA

MONDAY PLAY - - Golden Void/GOLDEN VOID

  On their 2012 debut eponymous album (Thrill Jockey label) this band delivers an lp (more of an ep actually as it clocks in at 36:26) of beauty, charm, and likeability that has kept it in constant rotation here at Castle ROGUEEVOLENT!  The San Franciso band has a Hawkwind, pyschedelic, ambient vibe at times which mixes with it's solid stoner-rock/pop melody making. It's truly a "feel good" album that makes me heartily recommend it. Every track is great (especially 'Shady Grove' and the closer 'Atlantis') and I give it an 8.5/10.   I trust this band can follow up this gem with an equally accomplished sophomore effort. I will purchase it that's for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment